News Update :

Simple notebooks by Alice

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hello all! Alice here. I like to have a little notebook/sketch book handy so that I can write down ideas or challenge information. I am at the end of my current one, so I decided to make new ones using the soon to be released digital images. The original sketchbook version is from Kristina Werner, I modified it a little to make it pocket sized. Here is a look at the finished project with the lovely Prima Ballerina Nora:

Isn't she adorable? =)
It is really easy to make. Here is how I made it:




You will need:
- A piece of heavy weight cardstock that measures 7 1/2" x 5" (I used PTI's kraft cardstock) for the cover with the desired image(s) stamped/printed and colored. 
- A few sheets of plain printer paper that measure 7 1/4" x 4 7/8"(I used 6 sheets) for the inside pages.
- Bone folder
- Long reach stapler
- Scoring tool
- Corner rounder (optional)
- Craft knife
- Ruler (not shown)




First, score the cover piece at 3 3/4". 




I scored on the wrong side of my kraft cardstock.




Fold at the score line then round the corners if you wish to. I used the adorable, soon to be released Ben Playing Guitar for this one. Set the cover aside for now.




Gather your inside pages.




Fold all the inside pages in half. This is easier if you fold them individually then stack them together.




After you stack the pages together, you will find that the right edges of the sheets are not even, so I cut them off by using a ruler and a craft knife. Although it shows my plastic ruler here, I found that it was easier to use a metal ruler and please be careful when you do this.




After making the right side even, I rounded the corners.




Insert the pages inside the cover. The inside pages should be slightly smaller than the cover.




Use a long reach stapler to secure all the pages together. I stapled mine about 1/2" away from the top and bottom edges.





And here you have it!! Easy Peasy! =)


Here is another look. They measure 3 3/4" x 5." Both Prima Ballerina Nora and Ben Playing Guitar will be available as digital stamps (along with a few others) starting April 1st at the Whiff of Joy Store!

Hope you will give this a try! =)

Thanks for stopping by!

hugs,
alice
Share this Article on :

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright Style Girls And Man 2010 -2013 | Design by Giyono Umeda | Published by Giyono Umeda | Powered by Blogger.com.