News Update :

Corner bookmark by Alice

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hello! It's Alice here. I am sharing a simple corner bookmark with you.


I learned the base of this bookmark from a Japanese origami book a while ago. I just dressed it up a bit with a pretty WOJ Secret Spring kit image. Here is how to make the bookmark:



First, take a piece of patterned paper that measures 15cm x 15cm. I am using a piece of Japanese Washi paper. It's about 5-7/8" x 5-7/8", it would be perfectly fine if you want to use a piece of patterned paper that measures 6" x 6".



Fold the piece of paper in half.


Than fold it in half again.


Now you have a little square, fold it one more time diagonally to form a triangle. You don't have to press it really hard, all you need is a fold line.


Open the triangle up.


Separate the top layer from the rest on the loose side.


Fold the rest of the layers into the space in between the top layer and the rest of the layers along the folded line.


And this is what you get! A very simple corner bookmark. 


Here is the back of the bookmark.


You can use it as is if you used a pretty piece of paper, but I decided that I would dress it up with the adorable girl image from the soon to be released Spring Secret Kit - Love Bug Collection. You will be able to get these stamps at the Whiff of Joy Store starting March 1st. =)



Here is the bookmarks in use.


Hope you will give this a try!

Thanks for stopping by!

hugs,
alice
Share this Article on :

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright Style Girls And Man 2010 -2013 | Design by Giyono Umeda | Published by Giyono Umeda | Powered by Blogger.com.