News Update :

Shaker Card

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hello! It's Alice here and I am sharing how I make my shaker card with you.



You will need:
Colored image. (I used Enjoying Spring from February release.)
Patterned paper or cardstock of your choice.
A piece of acetate. (Not shown. I recycled a packaging from a die set.)
Dies of your choice.
Dimensional adhesive. (My foam squares are about 1/8" thick.)
Strong adhesive. (I used Glossy Accents.)
Scissors. (Optional, I used it to cut my foam squares to smaller pieces.)
Confetti.

Here is how:


First, die cut the colored image and the acetate using the larger die of your choice. I made a mistake and cut mine with a smaller one, so I matted mine with a piece of cardstock. You want your acetate the same size as your die cut image.



Cut a frame for your image using coordinating dies and patterned paper (or cardstock). The large scalloped circle is just bigger than the circle that I used for my image and acetate. The circle in the photo is one size smaller than the one that I used for my image.



I actually embossed my frame, too. You can use any shape that you want, just make sure that the frame is larger than the die cut image.



Adhere the piece of acetate to the inside (back side) of the frame.



Add dimensional adhesive to the frame. Make sure that there is no gap between the pieces of adhesive to keep the confetti from falling out.



Add confetti to the frame. I save all the little hearts, butterflies and umbrellas whenever I use WoJ's Heart Lace Border, Fancy Hearts,  Butterflies and Umbrella border dies. Those little pieces are perfect for this project. There are also some glass glitters in it. BUT, what you see here is way too much confetti. I had to take most of it out just so that they don't block the image. =)



Now you can peel off the backing of all the dimensional adhesive and attach your image to the frame.



And here is the shaker part of the shaker card! =) 

Here is a look of my finished card.


This is my first time making a shaker card and it was very fun. Hope you will give it a try! =)

Thanks for stopping by!

hugs,
alice
Share this Article on :

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright Style Girls And Man 2010 -2013 | Design by Giyono Umeda | Published by Giyono Umeda | Powered by Blogger.com.