News Update :

Making small alterations to a stamped image

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hi everybody!!

It is time for me to do my first tutorial on the Whiff of Joy Inspirations- and Tutorial blog. I wanted to do my first tutorial here on how I make my 3D images (and I know some of you were hoping to see that here today) but I had to change that planning and so today I'll show you how to make small alterations to a stamped image. I promiss my next tutorial will be on my 3D (just need to get myself another camera :( ). I'll start with my finished card... can you see the alteration I did?

10 points if you've seen it! In the original stamp Nora's right hand is before her face and in my card it isn't. Nora was of course just perfect the way she was but with my 3D I love to have the face as the top layer. But you can use this technique for all kinds of things like change the text on a shirt or replace closed eyes by open ones... just let your imagination run free. Now what do you need to get this done:

The original stamp of course Nora with Ducks and Umbrella, a piece of paper towel and a little water to get it damp, your normal paper to stamp on, your ink and your glass plate and fineliners that are suitable for coloring with your Copics (or whatever product you are coloring with). What isn't on the picture but what I did use is a light box (hope that's the right word, you'll see it on a picture later on).

Now first you want to ink your stamp up like you always do.

Next you take a tip of your paper towel, make sure its damp and gently remove the ink on the part of the stamp you want to alter.

Stamp (I'm sure you didn't need this picture :) ).

Et voila; your stamped image but with a white part in the middle.

Now you can of course make the alterations to your stamped image by hand but it's easier to do it this way if you have a light box. Make another impression of the stamp, this time as it should be, and tape that to your light box.

Take your stamped image that you want to alter, put your light box on and tape it over stamped image you had already taped in place, making sure the lines are on top of each other like you see in the picture.

Now with the fineliner you first make the alteration you want to make and next you trace the lines from the "finished" stamped image making sure you have a finished but altered image to color.

Here is the close up of my altered, colored and 3D paper pieced image.
And a picture from the inside of the card, I found the sentiment somewhere on the internet. Lovely Nora with the Ducks is for sale HERE if you want to give this technique a go. The paper used on the inside is from the Whiff of Joy Paperpad Fruhlingserwachen and the die used on the front of the image is Fancy Hearts Border Die, also by Whiff of Joy.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and that you will give this technique a try! Have fun!
xxx
Mariska
Share this Article on :

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright Style Girls And Man 2010 -2013 | Design by Giyono Umeda | Published by Giyono Umeda | Powered by Blogger.com.